Ashton believes a Safe project is built on the three principals of Knowledge, Training and Audit.
A knowledge of proper Hazard awareness, OSHA Code of Federal Regulations and Best safety practices from High Level Clients are crucial to implement, engage, update and maintain a Safety Culture. Safety awareness starts in the estimating phase and continues throughout the project until demobilization is complete.
Training is required to transfer the knowledge and policy to the entire employee base. A base of awareness is established in providing the OSHA 10 Hour to our craft labor through our union affiliation, and the OSHA 30 Hour to our craft supervision. In addition to CPR training for Field Supervisors and Site specific training.
Ashton performs several audits to ensure consistency of training, JSAs, and adherence to policy. These ongoing audits are conducted by site safety officers and safety officers at large. All of our efforts are designed to provide a safe workplace and return our employees home without injury.
The goal for our safety department and our employees is 100% for Zero; if we can get 100% of our workforce to have the knowledge and implement that knowledge the result of Zero accidents is obtainable.
Quality Policy Statement
It is the policy of Ashton and Company that all our activities are carried out in accordance with our the quality procedures and practices as stated in our corporate quality manual. Ashton’s quality manual contains all the procedures and associated documentation to manage and control our business and is available to all staff.
- We deliver a quality service to maintain excellent customer relations
- Our customer’s requirements have been fully understood and met
- All work is carried out consistently to a defined standard
- We have the skills and resources to fulfil our customer requirements
- Our staff are fully trained and involved in quality improvement
- We strive to continuously improve our systems and procedures
- We only use services that meet our own quality assurance standards
- Any complaints are dealt with efficiently and within an acceptable time period
- From the smallest procedure to the largest contract, we believe quality is our passport to customer satisfaction and to our future business
This quality policy statement has been implemented and will be reviewed at regular intervals.